Saturday, June 28, 2008
Taylor went to her cousin Emily's birthday today. It was at Sweet and Sassy. They were treated like royalty the entire time. They had their hair and their nails done, and were outfitted in princess costumes. Then they got to walk the runway. They interviewed the girls before their runway walk so they could announce them. Taylor said her castle (favorite place) was Grandma and Grandpa missions house.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Ok Ok, I guess everyone is doing it. Here is a recipe that is so so so yummy. Jason's brother made it for me for Mother's day. The picture isn't the best (I took the picture of my leftovers the following day). I give this recipe 5 stars!!!
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
* 2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 pinch ground black pepper
* 1 tomato, diced
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
4. While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
5. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.